Seven miners in Martin Marietta's Southeast Division were honored in November at the 10th annual Southeast Mine Safety and Health Conference in Birmingham, Alabama.
From left: John Stalcup, Alabama District production manager, McBryde, Pitts and Parsons.
The miners, who each were presented a 2015 Safe Miner Award, have served at least 40 years in the industry without a reportable injury.
- James Hill Jr., loader operator, Augusta Quarry, 41 years
- David Hinesley, officer manager, Warrenton Quarry, 41 years
- Coletta McBryde, weighmaster, Auburn Quarry, 40 years
- Paul Parsons, yard loader/dozer operator, Maylene Quarry, 41 years
- Solomon Pitts, yard loader operator, Auburn Quarry, 43 years
- Cemonia Ray, loader operator, Warrenton Quarry, 41 years
- Gene Ross, loader operator, Ruby Quarry, 44 years